Firefighter Dennis Chaines of the San Enrique Fire Department was killed when he was electrocuted by an unsecured power line. According to The News Today, officer Chaines appeared to have accidentally touched a clothesline that was attached to a live wire of the main power line. A sudden spark was seen by witnesses as the fallen fire officer got thrown off to the ground.
Workplace deaths and electrocutions are preventable tragedies. The family of a worker killed at in the line of duty may be entitled to benefits under their state’s workers’ compensation system.